Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Time to Start the Garden!

I planted the first seeds last week (I think? I'm losing track of time...it could've been the week before) and they're growing, which is the first hint that maybe, just maybe, spring is around the corner. Though, you'd never guess it with all the snow we've had in the last couple of weeks. Judging by the garden boxes, there's probably a good 6 inches on the ground right now. Anyway, the first herbs and vegetables are started -- Brussels sprouts, red onions, tarragon, basil, miniature strawberries and snapdragons (I had the seeds from last year and figured I might as well) are all sprouting. I'm really hopeful for the brussels sprouts, since they haven't worked out the last two years. I've seen some local people growing them in the fall, but does anyone know if they'll grow in the spring here?

1 comment:

MKG said...

Wonderful blog Melissa, I loved all your cakes!
And now I know I am late to get started with my garden Thanks!! I'll try to catch up!